- New as of December 2017: No registration required!
- Eligibility: Active or Retired military, their dependents, and DOD employees.
- A Military ID (or CAC for DOD employees) must be shown.
- No one under 5 is allowed to use MakerSpace items for safety reasons.
- Children under 13 must be supervised by an adult AT ALL TIMES. Adults take full responsibility for their children child when they sign themselves in as a guardian. Members 13 years and over may work unsupervised.
- Members must respect MakerSpace equipment and each other. Anyone found not following the rules or using equipment in an unsafe way will be asked to leave.
- An adult guardian will be required to leave their ID with a staff member when checking out equipment for a child. ID’s will be returned after the member has cleaned up their area, returned equipment to a staff member with all the pieces intact.
- Members must know how to use an item correctly and safely before being allowed to use it. If you have a question, please ask us! If you hear a strange noise coming from a machine (ozobots, snap circuits, robotic arms), stop using it and alert a staff member.
- Absolutely no food or drink is allowed in the MakerSpace area.
- All equipment must stay in the MakerSpace area.The children’s book area is off limits for MakerSpace equipment.
- Members must not touch the 3D printers under any circumstances. Only trained library staff may operate these machines. 3D printers get EXTREMELY hot (220℃!) so it’s very important that patrons (children and adults) never touch any part of the printer or open the front door.
- The iPads and laptops are for MakerSpace use only, and will only be used to run certain necessary programs. If you need a computer for personal use, ask the front desk for a username and password for a patron computer.
- Report all injuries–no matter how small–to a staff member IMMEDIATELY.